The Burlington Capital Foundation:
- grants funds to community endeavors with a focus on the arts, education, family values and senior care
- is sponsored by Burlington Capital
- is an outlet for tracing the roots of Burlington Capital back to its founding family
- has gifted funds and volunteer hours to improve the overall quality of life in Omaha and the communities we live and work in
How often do you meet for grant review?
We meet on the third Thursday of March, June, September, and December.
When are the deadlines?
Please submit your proposal at least one week before our regularly scheduled meetings.
Do we need to submit an IRS exemption letter?
Yes, we require the document with any application. Please note that if you have private foundation or private operating foundation status, or have other than Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, you are ineligible for a Burlington Capital Foundation grant.
How do I know if my organization qualifies to be within your community?
We made the choice to focus our gifts in Nebraska and Iowa. At times, grants to national organizations are approved when they impact our community. Additionally, employees of Burlington Capital are encouraged to apply even if their organization is outside of this region, since we want to assist our employees’ communities as well.
What types of items do you not support?
- organizations not determined by the IRS to be tax-exempt under 501(c)(3)
- national or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets)
- political action or legislative advocacy groups
- endowment funds
- organizations whose primary purpose is to support other non-profit organizations
- fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands or similar groups
Whom do we contact for additional information or special inquires?
Please contact us using the form on the contact page.
Who have you granted funds to in the past?
You can peruse our 990-pf documents by visiting www.guidestar.org
What is the best way to recognize the Foundation’s support?
Mention the grant in annual reports, programs, newsletters, or signage.