The Burlington Capital Foundation seeks to apply its parent company’s investment philosophy to investing in organizations whose efforts have direct and clear game-changing effects on people and their communities.
Our main areas of focus are Military/Veteran, Senior Community, Education, and Arts support. We’ve made the choice to focus our gifts in Nebraska and Iowa; however, grants to national organizations are considered if they impact these specific geographic areas. Additionally, employees of Burlington Capital are encouraged to apply even if their organization is outside of this region as it is our goal to assist our employees’ communities across the nation.
WHAT TYPES OF REQUESTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE?
- Organizations not determined by the IRS to be tax exempt 501(c)3 entities
- National or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- Elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets
- Political action or legislative advocacy groups
- Endowment funds
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to support other non-profit organizations
- Fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, or similar groups
- Tickets, tables, and other fundraising event sponsorships
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO RECOGNIZE THE FOUNDATION’S SUPPORT?
Mention the grand in annual reports, programs, newsletters, or signage
HOW TO SUBMIT A GRANT REQUEST
Please complete an application form and email, along with any additional material you feel supports your request and proof of 501(c)(3) status to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Burlington Capital Foundation
1004 Farnam Street, Suite 400
Omaha, NE 68102
The Foundation Committee meets the third Thursday of March, June, September, and December. Grant requests should be submitted no later than one week prior to a scheduled meeting.
Please note: Request will not be considered without a completed Grant Application form.