Our Foundation’s Mission
The Burlington Capital Foundation applies its parent company’s investment philosophy to support organizations whose efforts have direct and clear game-changing effects on people and their communities.
Our main areas of focus are Military/Veteran, Senior Community, Education, and Arts support. We’ve made the choice to focus our gifts in Nebraska and Iowa; however, grants to national organizations are considered if they impact these specific geographic areas. Additionally, employees of Burlington Capital are encouraged to apply even if their organization is outside of this region as it is our goal to assist our employees’ communities across the nation.
What types of items do you not support?
- Organizations not determined by the IRS to be tax exempt 501(c)3 entities
- National or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- Elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets
- Political action or legislative advocacy groups
- Endowment funds
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to support other non-profit organizations
- Fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, or similar groups
- Tickets, tables, and other fundraising event sponsorships
What is the best way to recognize the Foundation’s support?
Mention the grant in annual reports, programs, newsletters, or signage.
HOW TO SUBMIT A GRANT REQUEST
Please complete the form and email, along with any additional material you feel supports your request and proof of 501(c)(3) to email@example.com
Or mail: Burlington Capital Foundation, 1004 Farnam Street, Suite 400, Omaha, Nebraska 68102
The Foundation Committee meets the third Thursday of March, June, September, and December. Grant requests should be submitted no later than one week prior to a scheduled meeting.
Please note: Requests will not be considered without a completed Grant Application Form.