Always moving upward.
Burlington Capital is a diverse investment management firm that creates and pursues innovative business ventures through its experience, knowledge and relationships in the areas of real estate, international agribusiness and financial services. We are committed to successfully developing and managing these unique business opportunities for institutional, private and public partners.
Our established history of success can be attributed to our vision – to seek and recognize new investment opportunities in the rapidly changing global economic climate. This vision is still part of our business philosophy today. Located in Omaha, Nebraska, our entrepreneurial team believes in the ability to combine traditional and new investment structures to achieve the desired balance between risk and reward, while maintaining a Midwestern work-ethic and strong values of integrity. Our ability to turn today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities reflects our commitment to our long-term investors and partners.
Since 1984, we have:
- Served as the general partner for 17 public limited partnerships and five private partnerships
- Raised, financed and managed assets of over $4 billion
- Served more than 100,000 investors
- Developed a leading property management team earning the prestigious Accredited Management Organization (AMO) conferred by the Institute of Real Estate Management
- First to obtain a AAA Standard & Poor’s rating for a limited partnership
- Created first master limited partnerships traded on the NASDAQ
- Has had four different funds accepted for trading on the NASDAQ
- First and only to successfully sponsor a limited partnership to acquire a distressed savings and loan institution from the federal government
- Founded an independent investment advisory firm that manages portfolios for individuals, endowments and foundations
- Managed a $100 million equity investment partnership that is fully invested in food and agribusiness companies in the former Soviet Union.
- Secured more than $150mm in US government funds for international agriculture development projects
Michael B. Yanney founded the investment banking firm, America First Companies in 1984. Over the years, our company evolved and expanded into multifamily real estate, international agribusiness investments and financial services. To operate more effectively as an international company, we changed our name to Burlington Capital in 2006.
Our full-service real estate group has an extensive background in multifamily real estate ownership, operations, financing and development. We have established a strong track record from our portfolio totaling over $4 billion. Within real estate, we have sponsored 15 public and three private funds, and our portfolio has included 275 properties with 55,000 units in 39 states.
We create investment and economic development opportunities in emerging markets. We specialize in the development, investment and management of a diverse spectrum of businesses in agriculture, agribusiness and commodity monetization. Over the years, the International team has partnered with the world’s largest agriculture companies and US and foreign government agencies to oversee and execute projects and initiatives in over 26 countries. The International teams’ global experience encompasses North America, Africa, Eastern Europe, the Former Soviet Union and Central/Southeast Asia.
Burlington Capital built the company on our founder’s banking background resulting in America First Investment Advisors (AFIA) growing the wealth of its individual and institutional clients. We brought to market the first public investment fund (The America First Financial Funds) that was approved by the United States government to acquire a savings and loan association from the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The America First Financial Institutions Investment Fund invested primarily in equity securities issued by banks, savings & loans, insurance companies, and other providers of financial services.