Michael B. Yanney founded the investment banking firm, America First Companies in 1984. Over the years, our company evolved and expanded into multifamily real estate and international agribusiness investments. To operate more effectively as an international company, we changed our name to Burlington Capital in 2006.
Burlington Capital is an alternative investment management firm that creates and pursues innovative business ventures through its experience, knowledge and relationships in the areas of real estate and international agribusiness. We are committed to successfully developing and managing these unique business opportunities for institutional, private and public partners.
Our established history of success can be attributed to our vision – to seek and recognize new investment opportunities in the rapidly changing global economic climate. This vision is still part of our business philosophy today. Located in Omaha, Nebraska, our entrepreneurial team believes in the ability to combine traditional and new investment structures to achieve the desired balance between risk and reward, while maintaining a Midwestern work-ethic and strong values of integrity. Our ability to turn today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities reflects our commitment to our long-term investors and partners.
- Served as the general partner for 17 public limited partnerships and five private partnerships
- Raised, financed and managed assets of over $7 billion
- Served more than 100,000 investors
- Developed a leading property management team earning the prestigious Accredited Management Organization (AMO) conferred by the Institute of Real Estate Management
- First to obtain a AAA Standard & Poor’s rating for a limited partnership
- Created first master limited partnerships traded on the NASDAQ
- Has had four different funds accepted for trading on the NASDAQ
- First and only to successfully sponsor a limited partnership to acquire a distressed savings and loan institution from the federal government
- Founded an independent investment advisory firm that manages portfolios for individuals, endowments and foundations
- Managed a $100 million equity investment partnership that is fully invested in food and agribusiness companies in the former Soviet Union.
- Secured more than $280mm in US government funds for international agriculture development projects